Welcome!

You are invited to join us at the beginning of every month. Choose the scripture verse you'd like to memorize and leave it in the comment section of the most recent post. You will be so blessed as you fill your mind.....and heart with the very breathed word of God!

Monday, May 16, 2011

Scripture Memory Verse # 5

I was at a graduation party this past weekend talking to a dear friend of mine.  We were talking about her daughters upcoming wedding and all of the joy that day will bring.  In the midst of the joy though there is something sad. Several years ago, my friends mother developed a rapidly progressing dementia at an early age (she's only in her early 60's) , and now, she no longer recognizes anyone.   She won't be able to attend her own grand-daughter's wedding and of course this will be hard on my friend on that special day.  As we talked,  my friend shared how she wants to fight against being sad and concentrate on the joy of the brides wedding.  Suddenly one of my verses popped into my head. ( "Always be joyful, keep on praying....")  As I shared it with her, she said, " Oh please text me that verse....I want it to be my verse on my daughters wedding day!"    That is not the first time that has happened to me.  What about you?  We are planting into our lives His Word, and it is so powerful.  In an instant,  He can prompt our hearts and minds with the very verse needed for the occasion.   Sometimes it's for our own and sometimes it's to share with and encourage others.   It encourages me, gives me strength, helps me re-align my day towards Him, brings hope, helps me live a godly life, be a better witness for him, .....then that multiplies when I share it with others.   I pray that you are blessed as you commit these verses to memory.  It really is "The Number 1 multi-purpose Tool Ever!"..... To God be all the praise! ( Oh, and the "grumpies" went away....and I stayed away from the basil!  I am still applying the verse about discipline and trucking away on eating healthy!)
  Here is my verse #5

Isaiah 55:11
" .......so is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it."

Have a wonderful next two weeks learning your verse!

5 comments:

  1. Isaiah 55:11

    ".......so is my word that goes out from my mouth; It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose or which I sent it." NIV

    God's Word is so powerful. It really is the most powerful, multi-purpose tool ever!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I'm "stuck"(in a good way) on my verse from last time. I'm still learning so much about it in my life (and I can't quote it without faltering) that I have to stay here another time. Galatians 3:10 from the Amplified version says, "(For my determined purpose is)that I may know Him (that I may progressively become more deeply and intimately acquainted with Him, perceiving and recognizing and understanding the wonders of His Person more strongly and more clearly), and that I may in that same way come to know the power outflowing from His resurrection (which exerts over believers), and that I may so share His sufferings as to be continually transformed (in spirit into His likeness even) to His death,"

    I've got to tell you that God led me through a series of circumstances to look this verse up in my "old" Bible. When I found it, it had a date written beside it which is something I do when a verse has become really meaningful to me in some way or I'm "claiming" it in my life. The date was April 18, 2004. 2004 is the year my whole life changed and some of it included grief and suffering. I don't remember exactly what I was thinking April 18, 2004 but I do know that I claimed this verse and I do know that God has used it in my life which is why I want to know it word for word now. Scripture is God's word. It's POWERFUL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My verse is James 1:2-3 "Count is all joy when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness."

    Thank you Barby for your words of encouragement this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hebrews 6:19 "We have this hope as an ANCHOR for the soul, firm and secure. It enters the inner sanctuary behind the curtain where Jesus is, who went before us and entered on our behalf."

    We had a wild storm that blew through our neighborhood last July. The wind tore down this huge concrete anchor at the start of our street. Every time I drove by I saw this empty place where the anchor used to be. Such a small thing but it seemed like the Holy Spirit was asking me every time I drove by: Who is your anchor? Is it your husband? Your daughters? Is it God? Just recently, the anchor has been restored! It's back in place and that same day I came across this verse. I love having visual reminders of God's word!

    ReplyDelete
  5. For those of you who feel you are in a place that is a little farther from the light than you would like to be... read this verse. It says something very profound. ...
    And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast. I Peter 5:10
    So, it says ...after you have suffered for little while. It does not say indefinitley or forever it says for a little while. that is a great thing to remember. also it says He, Himself will restore you. makes me feel that in those times that I am even to distraught to pray or praise I will still be delivered cause "He, will himself restore me. WOW. this verse rocks my face off.
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete