Welcome!

You are invited to join us at the beginning of every month. Choose the scripture verse you'd like to memorize and leave it in the comment section of the most recent post. You will be so blessed as you fill your mind.....and heart with the very breathed word of God!

Friday, November 2, 2012

November Scripture Memory



WAIT.  Webster says this about the word "Wait"  ... To remain or rest in expectation.

I've been waiting for someone to be healed.  And the wait has gone on and on and on.  The "Wait" has been the hardest trial of my life and it goes on and on and on.  Somewhere along the way I began to do less hoping and expecting.  I started to just cope.  I was starting to accept that it would be this way forever.            

But because of God's wonderful mercy, awesome power, and love for me ... the girl who didn't realize she was coping and not hoping ... a week ago things started to change.

 I went to  "Women of Faith".  CeCe Winan made us sing out loud to her song... the words...
"It Ain't Over"!  

As we sang those words over and over tears started streaming down my singing face.  Through out the weekend the Spirit of God began to remind me that it was time for me to move into a different place in my waiting.  To get back to hoping.  To expecting Him to do a miracle.   To not look at the circumstances in my "situation" but to keep my eyes on Jesus.  That my loved one would "dance again...."                                  
And hope began to rise in me.  

When I came home from my weekend conference, Mark shared with me a message he'd listened to of an awesome preacher we love to hear on line.  I cried.  Then got on the computer to listen...

I was reminded to take my mind off of the obstacle and put my mind on Jesus.  To get my eyes off the clock and get them on Jesus.

How did I stop hoping that things would change?  I worked so hard to accept this trial ... but lost my vision to keep hope in the midst of the acceptance.  Some "waits" are sooo hard.  And it actually hurts to keep hoping.  And it's hard.  But God is gently reminding me to hope and wait on Him in this trial.

I smile with a grin on my face, at my verse.  It says calmly wait.  That's kind of funny to me.  Not only am I to wait.  But do it calmly.  It's right here in scripture.  Thank you Lord that all my hope is in you my loving faithful Father.

My memory verse will be a constant reminder for me .

Psalm 62: 5-8    
"Wait calmly for God alone, my soul,
because my hope comes from him.  
He alone if my rock and my savior- my stronghold.
I cannot be shaken.  
My salvation and my glory depend on God.  
God is the rock of my strength, my refuge.  
Trust him at all times, you people.
Pour out your hearts in his presence." 



7 comments:

  1. Beautiful!!!I am waiting hopefully with you!! My verse this months will be Psalm 31:1-5. I am struggling with shame and not wanting to turn to HIM for my refuge!!! this is my reminder.

    In you, O Lord, I have taken refuge;
    let me never be put to shame;
    deliver me in your righteousness.
    2 Turn your ear to me,
    come quickly to my rescue;
    be my rock of refuge,
    a strong fortress to save me.
    3 Since you are my rock and my fortress,
    for the sake of your name lead and guide me.
    4 Free me from the trap that is set for me,
    for you are my refuge.
    5 Into your hands I commit my spirit;
    redeem me, O Lord, the God of truth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. so love your verse! How I wish we lived closer for coffee! I love your heart, your honesty..... I will be praying too Marianne. I love how His word is so personally for us! Someday soon I'm gonna get back on Facebook and "see" you more! love and prayers. Barby

      Delete
  2. Psalm 62:5-8 "Wait calmly for God alone, my soul, because my hope comes from Him. He alone is my rock and my savior- my stronghold. I cannot be shaken.

    I know you gals have been through, or are currently in the midst of "waits" in your life. Know that I will be praying for you! When you post your verse.....I love hearing your comments about why you chose your verse too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awe Barby what a wonderful testimony!!! I have had those times of waiting and in fact am in a time of "wait" right now. But for God...I believe!
    My verse for November is Psalm 27:13-14, I may have even used it before because God gave it to me quite a number of years ago in a "different" time.

    Psalm 27:13-14
    "I would have lost heart unless I had believed, that I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
    Wait on the Lord; be of good courage, and He shall strengthen your heart;
    Wait, I say on the Lord"

    And while your waiting....Keep the "Son" in your eyes!
    I love you,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nancy..........What a beautiful verse ......I love! I will have to write this one down on a 3x5 card too! Thank you for sharing it. As we "wait" together.....we will remember to pray for one another. Love your sister, who is working to keep the "Son" in her eyes,
      Barby

      Delete
  4. Robin
    Hi Barby, I love the verses posted for this month. Only the Lord can give us the strength to calmly wait on Him.
    Glenn had a business trip last week to Las Vegas that I was able to go on, It was a wonderful time to get away. I spent a lot of time in my room reading my Bible and praying for the people on the east coast and also praying for our country as the election is so close. I cannot remember when an election has meant so much to me, in keeping our Country Pro-Family and Pro-Life. But the results are truly in God's most capable hands, which brings me to my chosen verse Jerimiah 29:11 - "For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As I reply to your verse.....it is still election day......and the president has been determined.....and your verse you chose.....is still Truth! Miss you Robin....love that we girls are memorizing scripture together....from afar! Hope to see you soon!
      Barby

      Delete