Welcome!

You are invited to join us at the beginning of every month. Choose the scripture verse you'd like to memorize and leave it in the comment section of the most recent post. You will be so blessed as you fill your mind.....and heart with the very breathed word of God!

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Barby created a blog??????

  Welcome !   I am so blessed to have such special friends! What a sweet God to have placed you in my life .( You are so dear to my heart.)   This blog has been inspired by several people in my life.  Beth Moore ,  (I am on a blog of hers that encourages scripture memory) as well as some fellow blogging friends who have motivated me to do this!  ........... So what is the purpose of the blog?   The main purpose of this blog is to encourage us in our daily walk with Christ,  in memorizing scripture!
So.......here is how it will work ( this is how they do it on the Beth Moore blog):
1) Each of you visit the blog on the 1st and 15th of each month.  In the "comment" section....you post your verse .
2) Reading the verses that other  "sisters" have chosen will bless your heart and may even give you an idea for a verse!
      I have always struggled with learning scripture....I know only part of it....or forget where to find it, or combine two together! I am sure you can relate!  Now that I have been challenged to commit verses to memory  my life is richer for it!  I've been able to share the scripture with others, pray the scriptures for others and apply it to my own life and situations day to day. ( I have been memorizing on Beth's blog with women I have never met before, and now I get excited about doing it with some of my girlfriends!)
     For now I will always post on the 1st and the 15th , sharing some thoughts and my verse I've chosen.  This is the Lord's deal.  I think it will be a wonderful reunion for our hearts twice a month as we encourage one another.

    I'd love it if you leave a comment for me and let me know what you all think of this idea.  love you guys!  Barby
                                                                                                    

17 comments:

  1. I am so proud of you my techie sister. Wow, God is going to use your creative talents here in a big way. I will be looking forward each month to your blog. The only thing I saw wrong was in the "about me" section. You forgot to put how much you like frappacinos with extra whip. I love you my precious friend. Love from your "Momster" Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. OF COURSE this is the perfect thing for you!!!! Why would you ever doubt??? I just wish we could hear your sweet voice singing God's praises! Very much looking forward to every post! I will share on my Facebook as I am friends with some awesome Christian sisters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Barby! What a wonderful idea and I think it's amazing how God is bringing His plan to fulfillment through you doing this! Love you so much friend and am so excited at what God is doing in your life! Miss you too!

    Love,
    Seng Leang

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Sisters and other followers! To post a comment on our Barby's blog, just fill in the comment box, go to the Comment as: section below the box and click on the dropbox. You can then select from several options including just your own name. type in your name then you will get an option to type in a strange security code. After you do that you will be posted. Just follow the instructions at each step. You do not need to have a gmail account or anything else. I posted as anonymous above. Hope this helps!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yippie! I found it!! Barby,I am already encouraged and looking forward to committing more scripture to mind, I will definately be inviting others to particpate. May God continue to bless you and your family, and this site as we draw closer to Him and gain deeper understanding of His Holy Word!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Bary, I did it! I just needed a good nights sleep and fresh eyes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks Barby for inviting me!! :) I think this is a fabulous idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Barby,
    So glad you are challenging us to memorize Scripture and are being obedient to God's call to start your own blog!!! I know God will bless you and all of us through this!! Love you, Von

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Barby, What a great idea to start a blog on memorizing Scripture! God knows I need some help in this area of my life. :) Love you and many blessings, ~ Holly

    Thanks Sherry for the instructions!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome idea, Barby! Consider me on board!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Count me in!! I need some kind of boost to do scripture memory and this will be just the thing!! Looks great.

    BTW, there is a cool site where you can get really great FREE blog backgrounds! http://www.thecutestblogontheblock.com/

    Thanks for doing this friend!

    Marianne

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm in. The accountability and encouragement will be great. I took on scripture memory and consistent exercising as goals for this year. Haven't done well for either...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks I'm love you so much your awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sister Barby...that does sound sweet...looking forward to memorizing scripture with you my friend that I miss so much...
    Blessings and much Love,
    from Your Sister Sandy....

    ReplyDelete
  15. My last verse was Isaiah 43:18 and I'm moving forward with Isaiah 43;19 this week. I'm keeping them short for now. Blessings to all my scripture sisters. Love, Pam

    ReplyDelete