Welcome!

You are invited to join us at the beginning of every month. Choose the scripture verse you'd like to memorize and leave it in the comment section of the most recent post. You will be so blessed as you fill your mind.....and heart with the very breathed word of God!

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Scripture Verse #2

Well..........?  How did your past few weeks go?  I have loved reading the verses you choose and have heard from several of you that you have enjoyed reading one anothers too!   I have been so excited about my verse #2 in the midst of learning my first.  Has it been that way for you too!?  As I've read the word of God these past few weeks.....I've just grown even more to love His Word!  Verses jump out at me...touch me in ways like never before. Just like it says in Hebrews 4:12 "For the Word of God is living and active...." I'd love to hear from you all if you are experiencing the Word of God in new fresh ways as well. So here we go for verse 2.  I have a wonderful verse I'd love to memorize as a prayer for my girls!  As I said before I LOVE how we can pray the scriptures!  Here's my verse....
Ephesians 1:17-18
"I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ the glorious Father may give (her) the spirit of wisdom and revelation so that (she) may know him better!  I pray that the eyes of (her) heart would be enlightened in order that (she) may know the hope to which He has called (her)......"
     Now it's your turn!  I'll leave the first example under the comments....and you do the same!   If we each learn a verse on the 1st and 15th of each month we will have learned 19 verses by the end of the year!  Enjoy your next two weeks as you learn your verse and hide it in your heart!

10 comments:

  1. Barbys verse:

    Ephesians 1:17-18 "I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ the glorious Father may give (her) the spirit of wisdom and revelation so that (she) may know him better! I pray that the eyes of (her) heart would be enlightened in order that (she) may know the hope to which he has called (her)...." (parenthesis mine) NIV
    ........I love this passage...( and the verse that follows!)....and as I memorize it can use it as a prayer for my daughters. My heart longs for my girls to know Him better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Morning all. My verse for this week is Ephesians 2:10 "For we are God's masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so that we can do the good things he planned for us long ago." He has planned for you and I to show his light and love to this world. Personally I need to do a better job of it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1 John 3:18

    Dear children, let us not love with words or speech but with actions and in truth.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I Thessalonians 5:21

    Test all things, hold fast to what is good.

    We are more and more living in a culture that has it's own opinions of what is "good". As believers, our source and bottom line is God's Word.

    And my prayer for all of us Scripture Sisters?
    vs 23-24: "Now may the God of peace Himself sanctify you completely; and my your whole spirit, soul and body be preserved blameless at he coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. He who calls you is faithful, who also will do it."

    ReplyDelete
  5. Psalm 32:8 ~

    The Lord says, “I will guide you along the best pathway for your life. I will advise you and watch over you."

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tracy said
    Ephesians 4:30 (The Living Bible)
    Don’t cause the Holy Spirit sorrow by the way you live. Remember, he is the one who marks you to be present on that day when salvation from sin will be complete.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Barby! So glad i saw you at Beth Moore and found out about your blog. Can't help but memorize scripture from Beth's passage this week-end.
    James 5:7
    Be patient, then, brothers and sisters, until the Lord’s coming. See how the farmer waits for the land to yield its valuable crop, patiently waiting for the autumn and spring rains.

    I need to learn to EMBRACE the word I hate. PATEINCE! Luvs to You!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Proverbs 15:1: "A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger." Finding myself using harsh words and a harsh tone often these days. Our 2-year-old foster son is so sensitive to words, tone and body language so I know I need to be very careful with this, but at the same time the kid is incredibly trying so that makes it especially hard! Hoping that memorizing this verse helps me become a more gentle mama.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Prov. 8:13a says "The fear the Lord is to hate evil;" NKJV A simple verse to remember and hide in your heart. We as Christians are being pressed to tolerate and embrace the evil in this world. I want to have a heart after God and love what He loves and hate what he hates.

    ReplyDelete
  10. EMILY'S VERSE
    Phillipians 2:3-5
    "Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves. Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others.Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus:

    This was a challenge for my whole youth group to learn. We need to learn all the way to verse 11 by the end of the youth group school year!

    ReplyDelete